Location: San Francisco, USA
Schedule: full time
What is Data Science?
Data science is the unification of statistics, data analysis and related methods from mathematics, computer science, domain knowledge and information science in order to understand actual, observable phenomena through data.
What is a Data Scientist?
Data scientists help organizations solve seemingly intractable problems by applying methods from a variety of disciplines to multiple data sources or huge data sets to illuminate answers in the data.
What are the responsibilities of a Data Scientist?
As a data scientist at Happy Elements, you will:
- Understand business objectives and identify opportunities to apply Data Science techniques to achieve business results;
- Analyze A/B test experiment results;
- Conduct causal interference analysis based on experiential data;
- Communicate internally about experiment results and make suggestions for later-round experiments;
- Work closely with machine learning researchers in designing and implementing new experiments involving comparing different machine learning algorithms;
- Model, analyze and prototype business problems with quantitative methods including statistics, econometric methods, machine learning, etc., with the goal of production deployment.
What qualifications does Happy Elements require?
To be eligible for consideration at Happy Elements, your qualifications must include:
- PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or economics;
- Expertise in statistics, causal inference, structural models;
- Good understanding of machine learning methods;
- Solid experience with Python and R, e.g., Python packages such as Numpy, Panda and Scikit-learn, and relevant economics R packages;
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL or other relational databases;
- Strong communication skills to present the results of your analysis;
- Knowledge and experience of cloud computing is a plus.